Tuesday 23 March 2010

Vintage Threads: Event for my non-London pals

I am aware that this blog is quite London-centric. I suppose that's inevitable, given that London is where I live and all, but having started blogging in Norwich I am also aware how frustrating it is to read about cool happenings in our nations capital and not being close enough to attend (or in my case, train fare-rich enough). So this post is for my northern pals!

Photobucket

Vintage Threads is an event that spans two days, providing the biggest and best vintage fair including clothing, homeware and accessories in the UK. It will be located at The Triangle in Manchester which i'm told is a very large and lovely venue. (I've been to Manchester before but never to the Triangle. My resounding memory of shopping in Manchester is how big the Primark is!)

To accompany this the event will also be hosting clothing alterations workshops where you are able to learn everything you need to know about basic clothing alteration, sewing and customisation: This would be the part of the event I would be most excited about. It's amazing how much longer your clothes last if you can learn to do basic things like changing a button or fixing a hem.
Photobucket
Image from here.
There will also be a 6 piece band, a tea party filled with scrummy cakes, sandwiches, a haberdashery and alteration service if that tickles your fancy. This is a free event, so if you're in the area there's no excuse not to check it out! And if you do pop down let me know what you thought - I think this event sounds fab and I would love to know if i'm right!

When: Friday 2nd April 11-5pm and Saturday 3rd April 9am-6pm
Where: Triangle Shopping Centre, Exchange Square, Manchester, M4 3RT.
You can find out more about the event here.

Love, Tor xx

7 comments:

Make Do Style said...

Sounds great and like the dress in the picture.

Unknown said...

wow sounds great x

Missy
For everything about fashion:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

iliketweet said...

Hoorah! Thanks for posting this, I'm Clare who let you know about it by the way :)

tweet tweet tweet

x

anonymous said...

o wow, your coming to manchester with a vintage shop?
i live in manchester, i think i'll definitly check it out :)

styledummie.blogspot.com
x

anonymous said...

o wow, your coming to manchester with a vintage shop?
i live in manchester, i think i'll definitly check it out :)

styledummie.blogspot.com
x

Unknown said...

Ooh, wow, that looks so fun, wish I wished I lived in Mnachester for a bit! I love your idea about taking a course in how to make do and mend too, I will definitely keep my eyes open for something, I live really near an adult education centre too so there must be something there!

Winnie said...

Sounds fab. They should do something in Birmingham!