Friday 5 March 2010

Barry M nail varnish: oh the colours!

Does anyone else walk into Boots or Superdrug looking normal and walk out looking like Rainbow Brite? Whenever I pass a Barry M counter I try a little varnish on each finger until I end up looking like a technicoloured nightmare!
Luckily today I was avoiding the crazy brights and pastels, as I was looking for something to replace my standard black varnish, that wasn't black but would compliment all the black clothes I wear. (wow that sentence was complicated!)
The good thing about Barry M is that the colours don't have poncey names (I hate the poncey names that make it hard to work out what's actually inside!) From left to right I tried: racing green, chocolate brown, bright purple, grey, and matte white.
I really liked the chocolate brown (this is the one I ended up buying) and it looked this good with one quick coat. The racing green was another favourite, but it was thinner and needed a couple of coats. I tried the white because I thought the monochrome look might work well, but it wasn't for me: it reminded me of when we used to paint our nails with tippex at school (yup, I was that cool!) The thing I love about Barry M nail varnish is that they come in a variety of matt, shiny, and sparkly finishes: i generally like the colours that come in shiny, but i'm desperate to try a matt varnish in sooty black.
.
I usually stick to basic colours on my nails, but five minutes at the Barry M counter makes me brave and ready to try anything. What nail varnishes do you keep going back to? And what colours would you recommend?
.
Love, Tor xx

5 comments:

Style At Every Age said...

The Chanel Particulere of course! You will like it if you liked the Brown.

i love bows:) said...

haha i love barry m!i also end up with eyeliner stripes all up my wrist!

last summer i was loving bright blue, with the brightest red i could find, cos i was doing the nautical thing.looks better than it sounds!

teawithonesugarplease said...

I used to paint my nails with tippex!

MargieF said...

red and dark purple seem to be my staple colours...red for summer dark purple for winter. i dont even try to do it that way it just happens everytime!
margief
x

Daisy said...

The purple loks fab!