Saturday 27 March 2010

Pop up store at Whiteleys

On Friday Whiteleys opened a floor of pop up shops to the public. There is a Wildfox store, a Junk food store, a Disney Couture store, and the first ever Frost French pop up store. On Thursday night I was invited to the launch party of the event (thanks to Self Service) and I must say I was impressed: I've never been to Whiteleys before, and it's a beautiful building with a great range of shops and restaurants.
Photobucket
The actual launch party was loads of fun: I'm not normally impressed by celebrities (they're just ordinary people going about their business) but even I couldn't stop staring at Kelly Osbourne (who sadly I took a terrible picture of - see below) who is incredibly beautiful and very petite in the flesh. Her fiance isn't much of a looker though!
Photobucket
As well as the obligatory celebrities there were loads of lovely bloggers at the event and I spent my evening taking advantage of the Tequilla bar with Jenny of the Style PA and Fiona of Save our Shoes. The entertainment of the evening was Alice Dellal's band, Thrush Metal, who wore old man face masks, so although I took a pic of one of the masked folks, I didn't actually see the lady herself.
Photobucket
If you're in the Whiteleys area (it's off Queensway) then I would recommend popping in to check out the pop ups: the attention to detail with the store layouts is worth a look (the Frost French store has lines of tiny pot plants in the windows and under each rail of clothing) as is the Disney Couture store: I could look at that jewellery all day!

Love, Tor xx

3 comments:

H A N N A H . M A Y . R O S E . † said...

oh wow, this sounds AMAZING! & alice dellal's band was there? OHHH I'm so jealous. I love her!

LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

xx

Winnie said...

Oh what a great night this was, lots of celeb spotting but even better in my books that fellow bloggers were there!

Make Do Style said...

I want to go to Le Cafe Anglais there.
Love the fiancée comment!