Wednesday 17 March 2010

Skinny Cow swap shop: Want to come?

On Saturday Skinny Cow (love their ice creams!) will be hosting a Swap Shop (aka a swishing party!) Coming to the rescue of fashionistas feeling the pinch of Christmas and the recession – The Skinny Cow has teamed up with Kelly Brook to host a celebrity charity Swap Shop, to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care.With items donated by the likes of Holly Willoughby, Sarah Harding and Danielle Lloyd – the exclusive Swap Shops will give fashion fiends the chance to breathe new life into their wardrobes through swapping not shopping! Now I know I won't be fitting into any celebrity dresses any time soon, but there might be yummy celebrity shoes and bags (please let there be shoes and bags!) The best thing about swishing is that you never know what you might find, and because you aren't spending any money you get to be a little more wild and creative with the things you decide to try.

There's still time to get involved and attend: there are 60 places left All you have to do is email skinnycowswapshop@frankpr.it with your name and contact details and they will send you all the info you need. You need to do this by midday tomorrow, so hurry up! If you become a fan of The Skinny Cow on www.facebook.com/skinnycowuk there will also be a ‘Skinny Dip’ to let you battle it out to win more amazing fashion items and get a new look wardrobe for 2010.

The Skinny Cow, which is owned by Nestlé, will be raising funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care, Nestlé UK’s charity of choice for 2009 and 2010 by making a donation for every item ‘swapped’ by a celebrity at the two events and online. Throughout the year, Nestlé UK is aiming to raise £250,000 which will help fund 12,500 hours of Marie Curie nursing care for terminally ill people and their families in local communities. I love it when I get to shop for a good cause!

I'll be at the London event, poised and ready to swap. Sadly, I don't have the wardrobe of a celebrity so they'll be no designer gasping from me but here are the three items i'll be taking with me:

Gold leather jacket from Topshop(size 14), Fuschia sequinned dress from Godivva (size large), and blue sexy secretary-style top from H&M (size 14) I'll let you know what I swap them for on Monday: it should be a great event, I love a good swish! I hope I see some of you guys there!

Love, Tor xx

2 comments:

Make Do Style said...

I'd come but off to Cardiff for the rugby!

WendyB said...

I'm in the wrong country! But I'm impressed by that gold leather.