Saturday 20 March 2010

Illamasqua lipgloss: lickably good!

I think I mentioned yesterday that in the goodie bag from the ASOS access all areas event was an Illamasqua lipgloss. I was really pleased because i'd never heard of the brand before but I loved how my make up looked on the night and impressed by how long it lasted too.
The lipgloss is a pillar box red, so perfect for a night out. It's thick and looks great with just one quick coat but isn't sticky at all. It also smells like candy: i'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing because on the one hand it's yummy but on the other it doesn't taste that way when you try to lick it! I've had it on all afternoon and only had to reapply it once (not to add colour, just to add gloss) so i'm really impressed. The blurb about the brand on the side of the box gives the brand a real sense of drama: Conceived amid the dark drama of 1920s Berlin, developed by professional make-up artists, embraced by alternative cultures, made by a unique British brand. Worn by those who refuse to be everybody.

On their website they have a massive selection of dramatic eye make up and a gorgeous new range of pastel nail varnished that would be perfect for Spring. I definitely want to explore Illamasqua more: i'm turning into quite the make up addict!
Love, Tor xx

No comments: