Wednesday 1 September 2010

Latest H&M collaboration: Will it be Lanvin?


Above is the cryptic video campaign H&M have unveiled today for its latest designer collaborator. However they won't be revealing who the collaborator is until 9th September. Rumours are rife though that it's Lanvin’s Alber Elbaz (a popular choice in the twittersphere)

Lanvin, France's oldest couture house, teaming up with high street staple (and affordable option) H&M may just be the most exciting designer/high street collaboration to date. I know i've made my feelings about designer collaborations pretty clear in the past, but I think even I would be joining the round-the-block queues for this one.

According to Handbag.com, aside from Elbaz, other names being mentioned in online forums and blogs as to who the designer could be include Tom Ford, Burberry's Christopher Bailey, Carolina Herrera and Tommy Hilfiger. However, many believe that the quotes used in the viral video clips are typical Elbaz and that the voice used has been digitally altered to keep everyone guessing.

H&M always seem to get the best designers on board for their collaborations, including Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, Roberto Cavalli, Matthew Williamson Jimmy Choo and Sonia Rykiel. I am yet to buy a single piece (although I did try to get the Jimmy Choo pumps) because the collections always sell out so quickly.

What do you think? Who are you hoping it is? (My vote is for Lanvin) Would you be tempted by a Lanvin/H&M collaboration, or is the collaboration concept too overdone for this to be interesting?

Love, Tor xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh i do so hope it's Lanvin, I was mega excited when I heard about it on Twitter.
Like you I haven't bought any high st/designer collaboration items (well apart from Pearl Lowe for Peacocks) but will definately be dying for a piece of Lanvin/H&M! x