As always when Fashion Week approaches, a whole bustling host of fashion activity emerges, as brands clamber to get involved and reach out to potential fashionistas whilst fashion is at the forefront of their minds. And I say, who are we not to take advantage?! I will be exhausting myself and turning September into fashion month! Here are some of the great events happening throughout the month (i'm sure there will be more to add as the month progresses) Unleash your inner fashion addict; you know you want to!
- If you really want your own piece of London Fashion Week action, then off schedule catwalk event A La Mode sells a limited number of tickets to their shows to the general public, for £20 each. There are still a few tickets available, so visit their website to find out more. (I took the picture above at last years A La Mode show)
- Bigwardrobe.com are hosting a National clothes swapping week. You're invited to be the master of your own fashion destiny and host your own swishing party with your friends/collegues. I'm a big fan of swishing: it's a great way to refresh your wardrobe absolutely free of charge! Visit the website to download the National Clothes Swapping Week party bag and poster and to receive a 25% reduction on membership.
- Speaking of swishing, The Big Swish and stylist Lupe Castro invites you to the Big Swish on the 30th September at Amika, in Kensington. There'll be a big swishing event for clothing and accessories, and a separate event for designer goodies, plus complementary make-overs and beauty trial offers from premium Swiss botanical beauty brand Arbonne. Tickets cost £5, or you can get VIP tickets which include a goody bag and early entry to the swish for £20; visit the website for more information.
- Westfield shopping centre are holding a car boot sale (but the fashionista version!) From 21st to 26th September over 20 Hyundai i20 cars will be hijacked by big highstreet brands, including Topshop, Oasis, Whistles, House of Fraser, and loads more (too many to list!) Here you can share experiences with other car booters, try and buy the new collections from your favourite retailers, enjoy personal styling and beauty sessions and have a bite to eat. You may even pick up some amazing bargains if you get in and rummage through! Plus on the closing weekend of the event (Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th September) they will be holding exclusive fashion shows. Four shows flaunting the very best of autumn winter fashion will be showcased four times on each day over the weekend!
- Because, as you've probably worked out by now, I manage to get the word wedding into everything, My Sugarland are hosting a vintage wedding evening on the 15th September. An evening of ideas, inspiration and pampering for budding brides-to-be, engaged couples and wedding guests alike, to help prepare for the big day. Spaces are £10 and need to be booked in advance.
- Finally, my StyleCompare competition is now running until the 20th September, so if you still want to get involved in some fashion fun, but don't want to leave your computer, why don't you put together an entry for that!?
I'm sure there will be lots of other events too - I'll update this list as more things come in! It's going to be a fun September!
Love, Tor xxx