Monday 20 September 2010

LFW SS11 Day Four: Holly Fulton

Photobucket
Hi guys,
So it was another early start for the Holly Fulton/David Koma show, but this hadn't stopped the fashionistas today: they were out in force, and the room was packed! The show was called "Holly says relax" (as you can see from the envelope handbag above!) and the 80s show title really was reflected in the collection. The collection was designed with Joan Collins on a resort tour as inspiration (With the Fulton girls travelling to Monoco, Egypt, Brazil and Hollywood) and was reminiscent of 1960s crusie wear but with a modern twist which was brought by the prints, the embellishment, and the graphic patterns:
Photobucket
I loved the art deco style skyline print on the monochrome dress and matching luggage, and the added texture brought by the use of ponyskin. I was also a big fan of the perspex jewellery, in particular the earrings. I think this was my favourite collection of the week, and certainly the one that I would like to add to my wardrobe immediately.

Unfortunately these are the worst photos of any of the shows i've been too: there was so much light on the catwalk that my camera just seemed to bounce off the clothes and make them all come out white! It was a gorgeous collection though, so definitely worth seeking out some extra photos from someone with a better view than me.....

Love, Tor xx
Photobucket

No comments: