Sunday 19 September 2010

LFW SS11 Leftovers from Day One!

Hi guys,
Friday was so hectic for me that I didn't have time to write about the rest of my favourite designers from the A La Mode show, so here are a couple of pictures from the other two designers that stole my heart:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I don't usually write about menswear, but Tom Lipop (yes, that's Tom from Project Catwalk) put together a great collection that had a really androgynous feel to it; slouchy tailoring that seemed perfect for a modern woman, as well as a man. The rolled cuffs and oversized outerwear would be perfect for this season as well as next, as would the colour palette: muted camels, blacks and greys. I really liked this collection and the details in it (a highlight was the leather backpack with a hood, shown above) Plus the models were really pretty, which is always a plus!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
More sheer panels were on show from Johnathan Liang (apparently the next big thing in Malaysian fashion design!) -i'll bet my life they're going to be massive this season! Liang's collection was very structural, with sharp shoulders (again!) and even metallic breasts - what would Madonna say!? As seen at Eun Jeong and Anya Wilkinson, the colour pallette focused strongly on nude, with gold as the primary accent colour - I'm a big fan of nude especially nude dresses, and I thought it was a really strong collection.

Love, Tor xx
Photobucket

No comments: