Thursday, 1 September 2011

Fabfrocks at Home: The car boot kitchen!

Hi guys,

Well the bank holiday was over days ago (it feels like months), and what a wash out it was: I've never spent a weekend in August feeling so cold! We still managed to make the most of it though. I went home to visit my parents, and we hit some of my favourite car boot sales. I always love the carboot sales in Lincolnshire: there are a lot more of them, and they're a lot cheaper than the sales in London.

This weekend I cleaned up on the homewear front:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I got the Hornsea terrine for £2 and the coffee jar for 50p. That gives me a new mission of finding the tea and sugar jars to match! The MidWinter soup bowls were £2 for the set of 4 and I got the whole trifle set (dish and 6 bowls) for £2 too.

In fact, £2 was my favourite price, as that's how much I paid for the mirror as well: the mirror needs a good clean, but it was such a bargain! I really love the shape of it, which reminds me of an old-fashioned TV when it's turned on it's side.

Have you had any good car boot sale bargains lately? I love hearing about what people are managing to pick up!

Love, Tor x

4 comments:

Crafty Nell said...

Love a good car boot rummage! I haven't been in far too long, but we move into our first proper home at the end of the month so I definitely need to get back into the swing of things. You've inspired me with your finds - My favourites are the soup bowls!

Penny x

The Style PA said...

Love the Ben de Lisi lamp :)

Handmade by Emily said...

Thanks for the lovely comment! You definitely got some bargains! Even the charity shops near me have wised up to Hornsea and are selling pieces for about £15. I'm going to a car boot sale tomorrow and hopefully will find some bargains.

Emily x

Jo-ann.Fortune said...

Great finds! I have that coffee pot too, also from a car boot. I love Midwinter ceramics (have added to my collection recently: http://bit.ly/qmzbig) and have also developed a bit of a thing for West German pottery: http://bit.ly/nFVRyR. Am looking for a mirror atm to go over my mantle piece. Jo (from www.vintagebrighton.com :-) ) x