Friday 5 August 2011

Question: How do you like to shop?

Hi guys,
How do you do your shopping? Are you a "I have to touch it before I can buy it" type shopper (i'm afraid that's the category I fall into - I just love physically going shopping) Do you prefer to do your shopping online? I meet so many women that are online shopping addicts - and I admit there's something appealing and convenient about having everything you want to try on delivered to your door. Or are you a catalogue shopper? Catalogue shopping seems so old fashioned to me (it's something women used to do a lot in the 60s and 70s, and a lot of my research for my fashion/fiction of the 60s Masters degree focused on the catalogue phenomenon) but the Womens clothing catalogue is making a comeback. Every time I turn the TV on I see another new catelogue launching, and women are raving about them.

All this got me thinking: what are the pros of catalogue shopping?

1. It still feels physical. I prefer to read tangible magazines rather than look at their websites for exactly this reason. You can curl up on the sofa with a catalogue and read it in the bath or even on the tube: this would make shopping feel like more of a relaxing leisure time activity (especially if you spend your whole day online, like me!)

2. Delivery is almost always free: so are returns. You rarely get that with online shopping, but you still get to beat the queues of physically going instore. Marisota offer next day delivery as standard: and it costs just £3.99 (compare to the ASOS next day delivery charge) making it perfect if you need a new frock in a hurry.

3. You get more variety of sizes and colours in a catalogue than you would ever get in a store: that's because catalogues have their whole warehouse as their stock room!! Also (and this might not be a pro for everyone) you can do it in your pajamas! I'm a massive fan of any activity that you can do without having to change out of your PJs.

What do you guys think? Have you ever shopped from a catalogue? How did you find the experience? Would you recommend it?

Love Tor xx

*In association with Marisota

1 comment:

mixnmatch1 said...

i much prefer the excitement of physically going shopping even if i come back with nothing i enjoy look,i too fall into the feel before you buy bracket.
i rarely shop online unless it is low or free p&P i begrudge the p&p lol :)