Monday 1 August 2011

I'm back: Gratuitous wedding pictures!

Hi guys,
Well i'm back: thanks for bearing with me whilst I abandoned you for sun, sea, and sand! (Speaking of which, i'll be showing you the way I wore my honeymoon in a later post!) In the meantime, because it's vaguely fashion related and because i'm so excited I could scream, my wedding photos have arrived, and I just have to share!

Here, now that I can finally share them, are the outfit details:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
- My (more traditional than everyone expected) dress was by Veromi: I was sold by its heavily beaded bodice and the impractically long train

-My peach satin shoes were Dior, my veil was from The Bridal Shop in Skegness

-My necklace was a surprise wedding present from the Mr (from Mikey) and I think it looked fabulous: I was planning to wear a turquoise pendant on my mum's gold chain (my something borrowed) which I instead wrapped around my wrist.

- A special mention (and huge thank you!) needs to be said to my hair stylist Kelly Gration. I wanted something crazily curly and Marie Antoinette inspired, whilst still keeping my trademark fringe; the look was more than achieved, and it stayed in all day, which is quite a feat! (She really is fabulous: if you're in Lincolnshire and looking for a hairdresser let me know and i'll put you in touch!)

- I decided for a peaches and cream look for my make up, which was a mix of Chanel and Dior, with a Benefit blusher. Lil sis (and make up expert) helped with the application: I was really pleased with the overall look.

-My bridesmaids wore dresses from Debenhams and BHS respectively. Their satin boleros were from The Bridal Shop Skegness, their shoes and brooches were Debenhams, and I made their headpieces myself.

-Finally, my photographer was a chap called Dan Sunderland: if you're getting married in or near Norfolk, I couldn't recommend him more! This is less than 1% of the photos he took, which I selected for their dress showing abilities, rather than because they're the best ones! He couldn't have been better.

OK, I guess you're now all wedding-ed out! I promise i'll try not to mention it again for a little while: it's back to reality for me!
Love, Tor xx

7 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations - you looked absolutely beautiful!! I hope your day was as special and wonderful as you hoped :) x

lauramarycoyne.blogspot.com

Alex said...

What gorgeous photos. I really like your dress - perfect for you and for the theme you chose :)

Caroline said...

your dress, veil and hair are all so beautiful. you look gorgeous congrats!! xx

Nancy Gorman said...

Congratulations!! You look absolutely angelic xx

teawithonesugarplease said...

How did you manage the bouncy castle in that dress1 So very pleased your day went well. Congratulations to you and Mike. xxxx

Lolly said...

Beautiful dress Tor - you looked gorgeous. Congratulations to the both of you

Jen said...

You look stunning Tor - love the dress and your hair is just awesome. Congrats to you and your Mr! x