Friday 15 January 2010

H! by Henry Holland behind the scenes photos

The first H! by Henry Holland @ Debenhams drop is landing soon, and I for one am excited: as you might remember, I previewed the range a couple of months ago, and there were a couple of lovely floral dresses on my hit list. I think the range is going to be really popular, especially given the massive '90s revival we are experience at the moment: "Very nineties" would be the one phrase I would choose if I had to sum up the collection in two words, in fact.
.
So you can imagine how excited I was when I was sent some behind the scenes shots of Henry working on the collection. And even more excited that I could share them with you:

I love seeing "sketch to dress" pictures: it fascinates me to see how the original vision evolves to become a wearable viable piece.
.
I always think it's nice to know that a designer has been truly involved in a highstreet collaborative project: so often I imagine that designers and especially celebrities just turn up to the launch party. It's nice to know this isn't the case with the H! range (I base this statement on the evidence of the three pictures above: so i'm not sure if it's really 100% true. I'd like to think so though!)
.
Looks good doesn't it?! I will be even more excited when I can get in store and try all the stuff on: expect a full review on that as soon as it happens! Will you be checking it out? Or as the range of designer collaborations grows and grows are you loosing interest? The market for it certainly is becoming saturated!

Love, Tor x