Monday 11 January 2010

Wardrobe clearout time is here again!

In order to make the most of the wardrobe you've got you have to be able to see the wood from the trees. And in light of my new-f0und shopping opt-out (I like Make Do Style's term much better than ban!) now's the perfect time to clear out my wardrobe so that I can rediscover all the wonderful things lurking at the back that I didn't even know I had!


This means that yesterday I started added some more stuff to the FabFrocks Shop (I can't link that properly because blogger is playing up, but you can get there by clicking to your left!) As well as the usual array of dresses and tops, there are 3 coats available so far (more to come later today!)so perfect for the current chill! As usual, email me if there's anything you want!


I'm pretty excited and positive about the upcoming shopping "opt out" and being forced to experiment more with the wonderful wardrobe I already have. But now it's time to lay down the rules:


1. The obvious one! No shopping for clothes. Exceptions are: underwear if absolutely neccessary, and black tights/leggings, because I seem to always be putting holes in mine!
2. Window shopping is fine and to be encouraged: it's where I get a lot of inspiration for the blog!!
3. I'm giving up clothes shopping, not consumerism in general. So the occasional grazia magazine, replacement nail varnish, hair cut etc is acceptable.
4. Failure is not an option. It would be too embarrassing: especially given that my mum laughs out loud everytime I mention the plan!!


Love, Tor xx


PS - As I mentioned her earlier, "Hi Mum! Love ya!" My parents recently had broadband installed at home which has enabled my mum to start reading the blog everyday: she tells me off if i'm late to update, so this is an extra incentive to make sure I post everyday!

1 comment:

Make Do Style said...

Yah! you can do it - just email me or twitter (I've given in and joined). I've got no choice but you will feel the benefit. Go for experiences to fill the shopping void.