Thursday 16 February 2012

The overlooked store tour: Internacionale

Hi guys,
Our high streets are full of shops: some of them great, lots of them good, and many of them sadly not worth even popping in to. But we all have our favourite shops, and often choose to overlook the ones that aren't on our radar. For me a trip to the highstreet involves Topshop, French Connection, Miss Selfridges, Primark and Urban Outfitters. These are the shops that always have something I know I'll want, and that makes for very easy shopping. But it doesn't encourage me to push my boundaries, or really give the other retailers a chance.

Which is why I decided to put together this series: the overlooked store tour. A look at some of the shops on most high streets that I would never think to go into. And who knows: maybe we'll all discover a new hidden gem we'd never visited before, but couldn't live without!
Photobucket
Internacionale isn't a store I see very often, and one I go into even less frequently. It looks cheap: it is cheap. (The prices are equivilent to Primark). And it always seems to be frequented by 13 year old girls wearing far too much make-up, accompanied by their harrassed-looking mums. But actually it contains some hidden gems: last week I picked up a thick cotton midi skirt for £7.99 which I've worn three times, and now don't know how I lived without!

Here is a sneak peek at some of their new season pieces which will be appearing in store any day now:
Photobucket
Particularly worth mentioning are their coloured skinny jeans (in gorgeous sorbet shades) for £17.99 and scallop edged vests in a variety of patterns and colours for just £6.99. I've never picked up shoes or jewellery for Internacionale, so I can't vouch for the quality, but I do know that the cotton washes really well, and fits like a dream!

Have you ever shopped in Internacionale? And how would you rate it?

Love Tor xx

6 comments:

char said...

i know exactly what you mean - it doesn't seem to matter where i go shopping, i have a little list of hte stores i pop into and don't very often seem to deviate from the list, which i think is a bad thing.
i've seen and heard more and more about internacionale recently, i'm not sure where my nearest store is, but once my shopping ban is over (100 days - eek!) i will make sure to look out for it ! :)

MrJeffery said...

lvoe the floral dress.

Emanuel I. said...

I trully like the 3rd look!
:D

daisychain said...

I really need to pay closer to attention to lesser known stores.

Harriet said...

i seriously need that satchel bag! absolutely gorgeous. I love internacionale, it's definitely appearing more and more on my radar. they have new stores opening up all over the place!

Matthew Engquist said...

Hm, this seems like a good concept for blogging! You get to do a bit of shopping and adventuring by searching these stores. Who knows? You may find an obscure store with a bunch of hidden treasure lying in wait!
-Matthew Engquist