Friday 17 February 2012

LFW AW12: What I wore for day one

Hi guys,
London Fashion Week kicked off this morning, and I started what is going to be a fairly hectic weekend. I always love Fashion Week, even if I don't attend a single show or party: it's just exciting to be surrounded by so many creative and fashionable people.

This year I won't be bringing you coverage from every single show I attend, but I will be writing a couple of posts a day covering trends, key pieces I've fallen in love with, a little bit of street style (because lets face it, the outfits of the fashion crowd are just as exciting as the shows) and my outfit choices.

To get the ball rolling, here's the outfit I wore for day one:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I went for comfort with my shoes, and wore my flat Jeffrey Campbell dalmatian print pumps (c/o Sarenza.) Expect to see lots of comfortable flats over the next few days: life's too short to walk over cobbles in heels!

I teamed the shoes with my Topshop skinny jeans, a striped blouse from Primark, All Saints necklace, Kenneth Jay Lane ring, and a studded bag I picked up on holiday in Egypt. Sadly, I had to wear a coat (my leather sleeved jacket from Miss Selfridge) which made the outfit look bulkier and more top heavy than I had planned. Make up wise, I went for a punchy red lipstick and statement nails.....
Photobucket
....Yes, I did match my nails to my shirt! I used Nail Rock nail wraps. It's the first I've used them, and they looked great and were really easy to apply. However they started to peel off really quickly: maybe I applied them wrong! Overall though, my verdict is they look great for a couple of hours (night out, special event) but aren't good for everyday wear.

What are you doing this weekend? Will you be watching any of the live steamed fashion shows? Hitting the shops? I'd love to hear your plans!

Love Tor xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ring is amazing!

Anonymous said...

That ring is amazing!

Emanuel I. said...

Heeyy...
I envy you!
:D
We are waiting for news & gossips!
:P
Good luck!

WendyB said...

Love the nails! My manicurist is very into that product.