Sunday 2 December 2007

A Topshop binge aka 'What I did with my weekend!'






With the party season approaching and the invitiations rolling in (Invitations from the local pub rather than Vogue, sadly) it's time to plan those Christmas outfits. In an ideal word i'm looking for something a little glam and glitzy but very wearable: without that Vogue-esque income, I can't afford to buy clothes I will only wear once! Perhaps Noel Fielding (Of the Mighty Boosch fame) and his shiny jumpsuit have been having more of an effect on fashion than I thought, but I decided to opt for knitwear and jackets in metallic fabrics that can be teamed perfectly with vintage belts and heels for a quirky and original dressed up (ish) look.






Christian Louboutin and Chanel have been pushing the metallic footwear button, and Gucci have been churning out metallic handbads by the dozen. So gold leather seems like the perfect way update my usual cacophany of waist belts and charity shop floral favourites. Behold then my new jacket:


(Topshop £30)




And whilst I was out shopping for this jacket of wonder, I also picked up this lurex cardigan (£28) and bib front embellished top (£20) I know I keep promising I won't shop anymore but what the hell................




No comments: