Monday 11 October 2010

Geektastic: Debenhams launches iphone app!

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to have a preview and a play with debenhams new iphone app, which launches tomorrow. Because I am a big old geek who loves her iphone, I was suprised at how much I loved the app: it's so intuative, and I couldn't think of anything extra I would've added to it.
Photobucket
There are lots of features you would expect: one touch searching and shopping, wishlists (perfect for Christmas shopping), giftlists, and a store finder, which uses GPS technology to help customers navigate the high street, locating their nearest Debenhams store as well as linking to Google maps to provide directions. There's also a ‘My Debenhams’ tab which narrows down the selection of items displayed by your preferences: type, brand, colour, price and size.

But the really exciting bit is the barcode scanner: it's the first time this has been done by a highstreet retailer, and means you can use the phone’s camera to snap product barcodes, automatically checking pricing and reviews. Aside from all the practical implications (never getting to the till and not knowing the price again!) it's also a lot of fun to use: when I got to play with it I was literally scanning everything!

It's free app, so definitely worth downloading and having a play with if you like to shop on the move, or you're just a big geek like me!

Love, Tor xx

1 comment:

Emma Jade said...

oh i love it when shops launch apps!
More reason to spend money I don't have!