Tuesday 12 October 2010

A/W10 at ASOS: Or things my heart desires

I know everyone is raving over the ASOS sale, and there are some great bargains to be had, but as the seasons have changed, all I care about right now is wrapping up warm in glorious winter layers. And when scanning through ASOS today pretending to look for sensible flat winter boots, I couldn't resist looking at some of their snuggly winter clothes. And I was amazed by how great some of their accessories looked: I want to buy them all!
Photobucket
(Knit headband £16, Fur snood £35, Rabbit ear hat £26)
Who could resist a fur trapper hat, complete with bunny ears!? I love faux fur accessories, which means i'm very lucky as they're everywhere this season! The contrast between the fur and the knit in the headband is great for the heritage trend, and is incredibly versitile: perfect for dressing up or down.
Photobucket
(Bright patterned snood £20, Fur cape £50, Knit snood £16)
The bold aztec pattern on the snood looks lovely, and would be a great focal point for a plain outfit or jacket. I love snoods both because of their modern style and their practicality; they're great for keeping out a draft and can be used to cover your head and your neck if you have a lack-of-hat emergency!

Sadly I don't need anymore winter accessories: in fact, i'm prepared to admit that my hats and scarves box is so overloaded I probably need to cull some so that it'll fit in my wardrobe. But it's such an easy way to update your winter look without having to buy an expensive new coat! My Isabella Oliver winter coat from last year is still in really good condition, so i'll be adding a snood and furry hat to it, and noone (except all of you, of course!) will ever know....

Love, Tor xx

4 comments:

Jenna M. said...

Now I really want a faux fur hooded cape!

Style Explosion

Unknown said...

I love that first hairband with the feather - gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm really obsessed with the print on the first snood there at the moment. I think it's quite 'Navajo' inspired. Been making a lot of pieces myself with a similar print (but obviously on a much smaller scale as I make embroidered jewellery!) Thanks for posting this, I'm often too lazy to look for decent finds myself. Need to keep a better eye on ASOS!

Anonymous said...

that trapper hat with the bunny is freaking gorgeous, lovely ! :}

caetc.blogspot.com