Monday 19 January 2009

Here comes the sun....

...I know it's still winter, and it's still seriously chilly outside, but the sun has been so bright this weekend that I have had to hunt my sunglasses out of my sack of a bag on three seperate occassions. Thank God then that i brought these from Primark last week for a mere £2 to replace last summers pair which are already broken:

I'm a nightmare with sunglasses. I can get through up to 12 pairs in a summer. Put them in my bag and i'll sit on them on the bus. On the table in front of me in the beer garden? I'll have one too many and leave them behind. I've even been known to hang them on the hook in a changing room whilst trying on dresses and walk out leaving them dangling behind. For that reason, it's highstreet sunnies all the way for me:
Animal print hearts, Topshop £15. Pink and cream catseyes, Topshop £15. Rainbow sunglasses £17 Asos.com. Jeepers peepers blue sunglasses £15.75 asos.com and a whole page of groovy sun specs from next!

Or of course, I could sensibly invest in a sunglasses case:
£7.82, River Island

In which case, i might trust myself and make a small investment in these:
Hmmm, is it just me or do these £110 miu miu numbers look very similar to the £2 primark pair I could buy and break 55 times for the same amount of money!?

Nah, who am I kidding? They'd be lost and i'd be crying within a week! More multicoloured primark faux raybains for me then! £2 a pop: who can argue?

Love Tor


Ps - Sorry for the lack of blogging over the past week: house hunting is taking over my life. Why is the London letting market such a wretched nightmare?? We have found two we liked, the first one was gone before we could even get a second viewing, and the house of my dreams, which we saw and told the agent we wanted on saturday, might also have already been let. A bit of organisation please! Grrr!!!


Pps - Is anyone else wondering what Michelle Obama will be wearing for the inaugaration tomorrow? Exciting!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I like living vicariously through other people when it comes to sunglasses because they give me headaches and almost none look good on my rather long and horsey face. Not that I don't love you Tor, but I'm just wondering, where's Becky?

tor (fabfrocks) said...

Thanks for the love KD!

Becky's up in Norwich working a fancy new job and focusing on writing her poetry: i'm hoping she'll want to come back soon, but for now you're stuck with me i'm afraid!