Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Speccy Four Eyes!

I know i'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, but having never worn glasses before, picking these up today was actually a pretty big deal for me.
I have a teeny tiny perscription, and only have to wear my glasses when i'm reading and my eyes start to feel strained. Which just goes to show that two literature degrees and a love of books can actually be bad for your health; remember that kids! Still, all in all although I desperately wish I didn't have to wear them, i'm not too horrified by how they look.

What do you think?
Thick rimmed tortoise shell specs - please try to ignore the dishevelled hair and the finge, which is badly in need of a trim!
Black plastic horn rims. These ones are my favs; I like to think of them as a more subtle version of last seasons geek glasses favoured by Luella.
Although they are currently enjoying a fashion revival, glasses have such a stigma of unnattractiveness attached to them. I remember feeling sorry for the boys and girls with the glasses that were tormented mercilessly in the playground at school. Did anyone ever see She's all that? I really love that film! But its so frustrating that the heroine goes from geek to gorgeous just because she puts a brush through her hair and whips her glasses off.
I just hope that in one lunch hour, with my new glasses and disshevelled hair, I haven't done the reverse!
Lots of love,


fashion herald said...

so unfair she had a great body in she's all that, as I was once a tortured, flat chested, eyeglass wearing teenager myself.

KD said...

I like both pairs, but that 2nd pair is amazing! I had to wear glasses when I was little but I was never teased. In fact, I feel like my age group doesn't tease people because they wear glasses, I don't know why but I'm not complaining. Not once have I ever heard anybody tease anybody else about glasses.

dunhill sunglasses said...

I too had the similar experience. It was most unfortunate day when I held my hand with prescription glasses, somehow with time I got used to it and I am okay with them now. Would have felt better off with just with designer frames

MISA said...

It is interested very much.
Please link to this site.

Sarah Edwina Rose said...

Glasses used to have a slight stigma but no more! I curse my perfect vision because I would love a pair of specks!!
The 2nd pair are really great on you