Tuesday 23 June 2009

You: the fashion jury!

So, in less than a month I will return to Norwich for my congregation: I will walk across the big old stage in a silly hat and collect my Masters certificate, This of course requires a very specific outfit: black trousers and a white shirt to be precise. (yawn!)

I have a lovely shirt from BCBG Max Azria that I picked up from the US, but am really struggling to find the perfect trousers. I toyed with harem pants (I’ve been toying with buying a pair for a while) and thought they could bring a much needed element of fashion detailing to the look. That was, of course, until I went to Dorothy Perkins and tried a couple of pairs on:

Looking at these I suspect I just don’t have the harem pants kind of body; the first pair look like normal trousers that are just too baggy around the waist (giving me unsightly fat-lady crotch) and the second pair look like a nappy skirt worn over leggings, and leave me looking far to wide. So that’s a no on the harem pants then; at least the ones from Dorothy Perkins; I think the next step is to try a pair with a slightly more pronounced drop-crotch.

Whilst on the black trouser hunt in DP’s I did find another thing I quite liked however;

This is another thing on the list of things I have been looking for (well, nearly!) I wanted a black jumpsuit with longer legs, but really liked the ditzy white pattern printed onto this cotton number. It’s comfy (it felt like wearing PJs) and I think it looks good. But before I got to the check out I had a crisis of confidence; cropped legs and oversized jumpsuit device on someone of my height and width? I would definitely normally advise against this kind of thing. Which is why it’s over to you:

What do you think? Am I pulling off the crop legged jump suit? Or should I put it back on the shelf and save my money for something equally ridiculous from the Selfridges sale on Friday?

My life (or at least £40 of my hard earned cash and my dignity if you feel I look ridiculous) is in your hands.

Love, Tor

2 comments:

Katy said...

I like the jumpsuit, but frankly, I think you should save the $$ for something from Selfridge's.

Unknown said...

I REALLY like the jumpsuit on you, I think it looks great.