Tuesday 10 August 2010

TKMaxx Modbox: Worth a second look

As you may recall, a couple of weeks ago I went to the opening of the new TKMaxx store on Charring Cross road. The opening was also a chance to introduce us to their new house brand, Modbox, and initially I wasn't impressed: lots of logo tees perfect for a tween but not really of any interest to me. But yesterday in the post I received a copy of the look book for the brands Autumn/Winter collection, and it's left me prepared to view the collection in the flesh, and with an open mind:
Photobucket
Apologies for the slightly blurry pictures: I took photos straight from the book!

I love the leopard print coat, which is very similar to my River Island one: and at £29.99 it's a bargain. My other favourite pieces are the lace dress worn with the leopard print jacket, and the military-style coat. The "big chill" range is very young and fresh: just looking at this picture makes me think of Christmas!
Photobucket
There are loads of lovely little party dresses that would be great for seasonal parties, but they all seem to be made of lycra so mostly suited to a slimmer (younger) figure: I suppose that's why it's called a youth range! Obviously quality is difficult to ascertain from a picture but if these pieces feel as good as they look then i'll be in the queue to try some of this range on. The price point is low, so I wonder if they are trying to target the younger "fast fashion" pack (a la Primark) and what effect this will have on the clothes wear and tear factor: only time will tell! (I just realised that by saying 'wear and tear factor' in this context I sound like the mother of a naughty toddler, but quality and wear so important when your trying to step away from disposable fashion)

If you've brought anything from the Modbox range so far then i'd look to know what you thought about it, and what the quality is like: how did it fit, how did it wash, tell us everything!

Love, Tor x

3 comments:

teawithonesugarplease said...

I went in today and have to say I wasn't too impressed with the collection but it could be my age LOL I was going to write a post about it on my blog. ended up buying stuff for the tots and nothing for me :-(

HH said...

Hi Tor,
Thanks for this - awesome coverage! Love the TK Maxx team xx

Rachie23 said...

i agree, lookbook looks great but when you actually go in its all teeny booper items. Im a size 10 and i still find their sizing really small.