Friday 7 June 2013

Daily Wear: Like a preppy bumble bee!

Hi guys,
The title of this post is what my husband said when I asked him how I looked today! I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended as a complement. Nonetheless I'm quite happy with this simple but sunshiney outfit, which is just perfect for looking stylish, but not like I've made too much effort when I pop to the shops this afternoon:
 photo bumblebee1_zpsa5e958ca.jpg  photo bumblebee2_zps8269fe1b.jpg  photo bumblebee3_zps1eb65625.jpg The jumper is from Gap (Just £13.99 in the sale: total bargain!), the jeans are Topshop, and the blouse is H&M. The dainty flower necklace is from Cath Kidston. The heels are Steve Madden via Sarenza and the bag is via Hotter.

I usually shy away from bright colours because I'm not sure how to wear them and, truth be told, I don't really like drawing attention to myself which you're bound to if you wear a jumper like this. But this vibrant yellow looks great with my trademark black and new love of denim. And wearing heels helps too: it forces you to carry yourself tall and adds outfit confidence!

How to you wear bright colours? What's your comfort zone, and how do you force yourself to step outside of it sometimes? I'd love to hear your tips!

Love Tor xx

Latest on Fabfrocks at Home: My dream bedroom created by Laura Ashley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello my loved one! We wish to say until this article will be amazing, great written as well as include almost many significant infos. I would like to see extra threads similar to this. Bollywood replica outfits for men