Monday, 24 August 2009

Daily wear: Big shoulders!

I picked up this dress from Oxfam: it fell to my ankles and buttoned up to the neck, but I loved the ditzy floral pattern, so I diy'ed all over it! I changed the buttons to these cute gold sailor numbers, lowered the neckline to a deep v and cut of the hem. The hem looks a little wonky when you look at it close up, but it isn't tooo noticable! I decided not to remove the shoulder pads because I liked the boxy shape they gave to my upper body: a nod to this season's 80s trend, but on my terms!
I teamed it with a vintage cream handbag (which is sadly starting to fall to pieces and I have to be verry careful with it) topshop white gladiators with gold studs and my black and gold aviators. I feel good in this outfit, which lulls me into believing this could be a good day too!
Happy Monday everyone!
Love, Tor xx


KD said...

Sweet outfit, and super duper accessories!

WendyB said...

How is your hair so perfect? I'm jealous.

MargieF said...

nice DIY:) mine never turn out that good lol

everybodysaysdont said...

Great dress!

Noa Bos said...

Featured some frocks here! Noa Xx