Friday 23 May 2014

Festival Fun From Primark

Hi guys,
I'm not going to any festivals the year (unless a day trip to Lollibop Festival, the music festival for under 5s, counts!) but if I did then I would be styling it in head to toe Primark!

The new Primark 'life is a festival' edit is gorgeous and just looking at it is enough to make me wish I had tickets to rock out at a festival or two this summer. Think boho styling in wide legged cotton trousers, cute-as-a-button playsuits, and gorgeous loose fitting midi dresses that will be flattering on everyone. I think sometimes I forget that I'm a chubby 30 year old mum, because I want to dress like the pre-pubescent teens in this campaign:
 photo primarkfestival1_zps753b3061.jpg
 photo primarkfestival2_zps03dfde14.png
 photo primarkfestival3_zps458adb77.jpg
 photo primarkfestival4_zps88218160.jpg
Image 1: Bikini top £6, trousers £12, sandals £12, sunglasses £3. 
Image 2: Playsuit £5, hat £8, rings from £3. 
Image 3: Playsuit £7, hat £8, sunglasses £3.
Image 4: Bag £14, Shorts £10. 
Image 5: Dress £12, bag £4, boots £15, headband £3, sunglasses £3

I love the Aztec prints, the focus on monchrome, and the beautiful ethereal use of white too. The collection has a very nineties feel, whilst also having overtones of the very first boho wave from the early noughties too. It's youthful, carefree, grungy. The embellished bags are gorgeous as well as being completely practical, and would look great outside of the festival environment: I want that backpack for hands free trips to the beach this summer! Fashion-wise, summer is actually my least favourite time of the year. But some of these pieces are almost enough to persuade me to embrace summer dressing and flash a little flesh.

Are you going to any festivals this summer? And have you given any thought to what you'll be wearing yet?

Love Tor x

No comments: