Friday 27 January 2012

Do you remember your first love?

Hi guys,
Do you remember your first love? Aside from chocolate biscuits, mine was a chap called Andy from Rotherham (yup, it's all glamour for me).

I was fifteen years old, and I thought he was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I even thought the fact he came from Rotherham made him mysterious and exotic: oh the deluded power of love! When we broke up I thought I would never recover. We were the Romeo and Juliet of the North, and there was no way to get over it: for a month or two at least, until boyfriend number two came along!

Aside from to make you all cringe, why am I sharing my puppy love stories? Because of Dr Martens new campaign: #Firstandforever. They're inviting people to tell them about their firsts: first love, first heartbreak, first pair of Dr Martens....

I popped along for a sneak preview of the new campaign video last night, featuring Agyness Deyn looking unfeasibly beautiful. And now you can see it too. I promise this video will make you wish you were fifteen again:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I still remember my first pair of Dr Martens. They were shoes, not boots: black and clunky and ugly as hell. Especially when teamed with my gangly teenage legs! But I loved them: just as much as I love my chunky boots now. At least that's one love that did survive!!

Tell me about your first love!

Love Tor xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My first pair of doc martens were when I was three years old; they had butterflies on and I wore them with dungaree dresses (so my fashion sense hasn't really changed all that much..) There is a lovely picture of my proferring one to a llama at a petting zoo, haha. x

brown.jack76 said...

I like the dress of that woman whose photograph is on the above part of your blog.