Tuesday 24 March 2009

It wasn't so itsy bitsy teeny weeny a bikini!!

As I wrote the other day, most of the time i'm pretty comfortable, even proud of my curvy body. But if there's one time of year where thoughts of my curves turn me into a quivering wreck and drive me to starvation diets and exercising myself to exhaustion then its this one: Mike and I have just booked our summer holiday.

We're spending a week on the Venetian riviera. And i'm really looking forward to it, i've even started planning what I want to pack: Floaty sun dresses for wandering around Venice? Check! Perfect day to night wear for lazy days around leather markets followed by dusky evenings eating pasta? Check! A bikini for lazing on the beach and visiting Europes largest water park? Nope! Na ha! No way!!

Whilst i'm perfectly happy with my body behind closed doors and dont mind showing it off when it's covered in fabric, the thought of donning a bikini turns me into a nervous wreck! There's no where to hide! I don't have a "bikini body" and I don't think 3 months is enough time to change the habits of a lifetime and go out and get one! Besides, I actually like not feeling hungry!

But I do want to sun myself on the beach and splash in the sea; its a quandry! Maybe one of these Herve Leger by Max Azria swimsuits would help ease the pain:

It doesn't matter if you don't look thin if you ooze high end crazy fashion, right??!! Right.


Love, Tor x

No comments: