Wednesday 5 December 2012

Five gold rings for the fifth day of Christmas....*

Hi guys,
"On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.....fiiiive goooold riiiiings" (Elongated vowels essential). Yes, more Christmas themed fun but this time relating to a matter close to my heart: costume jewellery, specifically statement rings.

I've written before that I am a costume jewellery addict. I've also mentioned that because of increasing frustration with constantly green fingers, I no longer buy cheap-cheap costume rings from stores that used to be my old faithfuls, such as Topshop or Accessorize. That doesn't mean I can afford thousands of pounds worth of real jewellery though (oh how I wish I could!) Instead I settle for a middle ground: gold or silver plating, semi precious stones, and prices around the £100 mark.

Here are the five gold rings I'd pick for myself this Christmas:
Photobucket
Gold plated crystal snake and enamel ring, Kenneth Jay Lane, £110 
Yves Saint Laurent Arty gold plated glass ring, £180 (clicky link to buy)
Wendy Brandes sterling silver @ sign ring, $115 (clicky link to buy
Isharya 18 karat gold plated ring, £75 (clicky link to buy)
Alexander McQueen swarovski crystal double skull ring, £125 

I find that I try to buy more and more quality items, rather than quantity. I certainly think alot more about my purchases before I make them, and the place I see this most is with my jewellery and other accessories. Ultimately I would like a wardrobe full of good quality staple and statement pieces, and to never see the Primark label in my wardrobe again. Well, a girl can dream.....

Have you noticed any changes in your wardrobe over the past year? Are you trying to focus on improving one specific aspect of it, for example, and if so which one? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love Tor xx

*NB - Two of the rings are actually silver, but it just didn't work as well with the song!! 

PS - Don't forget to enter my Christmas giveaway: there is a great selection of little prizes to be won!! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo love the @ ring!

Ekathrina said...

I love ALL these rings - but I could never afford them! I don't like getting green fingers either - so what I do is paint the inside of the cheaper ones I do buy with a couple of coats of cheap, clear nail varnish. Works a treat!

WendyB said...

Thanks for including my "at sign" ring! xoxo