Friday 1 June 2012

Jubilee fashion - How could I not?!

Hi guys,
With the Jubilee weekend (or what I am calling the 'Big Move' weekend) almost upon us, how could I not do a quick round up of all the best of Britannia fashion currently on the high street? And by that, of course, I mean the best of everything kitsch, tacky and gloriously over the top!
Photobucket
Love London make up bag, Accessorize, £10
Jubilee print blazer, River Island, £40 
Jubilee crown ring, Topshop, £10
Vivienne Westwood bracelet, Asos, £95
Union jack clutch, Debenhams, £50
Vivienne westwood dress, Matches, +£2000
Crown sunglasses, Accessorize, £6
Steam cream Big Ben moisturiser, Asos, £13
Union Jack pendant, Cath Kidston, £20

OK I know I said this would be high street, but you just can't talk about the best of British without throwing in a Vivienne Westwood dress, can you!? I also love the blazer from River Island so much that I just ordered it! It will look fantastic not only this weekend, but also all wonderful British summer long teamed with plain frocks, or jeans and a white tee.

I'm not ashamed to say that I like the Royal family - especially the Queen when she's wearing her ceremonial robes (or 'all blinged up' as I prefer) I think it's nice to have someone to look to that you can depend on and it's at times like this that I do feel very very proud to be British. So at some point this weekend, amongst the chaos of the removal men, endless boxes, and frantic hoovering, I will find the time to eat a hotdog in honour of 'er Maj: It's the least I can do!

What are you going to be doing this Jubilee weekend? Will you be celebrating? And more importantly, what will you be wearing to do it?!

Love Tor xx

1 comment:

char said...

I was so tempted by that blazer but there was no way it would have turned up in time, so I have instead justr taken deliveru of the guard print skirt from cath kidston which i am wearing to my findraising jubilee event on sunday! :) x