Tuesday 17 November 2009

Need to do some Christmas shopping? Head to Debenhams!

Now I must confess that the only time I ever go to Debenhams is at Christmas because I like their Christmas gift range. And now they've added even more incentive. Debenhams has today announced that is launching a £250 million Christmas spectacular price cutting campaign a massive 6 weeks before Christmas. Tens of thousands of items across all stores and the online site will have their prices slashed.

A similar pre-emptive strike by Debenhams last year was so successful that it forced many big name retailers to cut Christmas prices: I'm sure its not good for the economy, but it is good for me getting the hundreds of presents I have to buy every year without going bankrupt!!

In the press release they sent over they included some examples of the discounts on offer, and I have to say I was impressed:
Vera Wang Rock Princess Eau de Toilette 30ml reduced from £32 to £16
J by Jasper Conran fur trapper hat from £20 to £10
Guess polished diamante bracelet from £100 to £50

I am hoping there will be discounts on the jewellery boxes because I was going to buy one for my sister this weekend! And so that all this shopping doesn't interfere with my very busy and important life (ha!!) stores will be open from 8.00am until midnight on Wednesday and Thursday (18 and 19 November) from 9.00am to 10.00pm on the Friday (20 November) and 8.00am to 7.00pm on the Saturday (21 November).

I can only actually think of one thing to say: On your marks, get set, go shopping!
Love, Tor x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I managed to spend the tidy sum of £129 but with that I got the following...

A strapless dress
Baking tray
Loaf tin
Box of 60 Xmas decorations
X 2 lip balms
X 2 sets of colouring pens
perfume
Box set of Port
A T shirt bra
Pair of leggings
Pair of leather, studded gloves
Electric toothbrush

Not bad I reckon!