Wednesday 21 October 2009

Jimmy Choo for H&M: What do you think?

Hi guys,
.
Just over 3 weeks to go until the collection launches (14th November. Put it in your diary. Now) and the first pictures of the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection have been released.
.
I have been excited to see these, because up until now Jimmy Choo have never released a clothing line, and I was interested to see how their famous shoes would translate. Especially given that on the Grazia website Jimmy Choo MD and all round gorgeous fashionista Tamara Mellon chose four of the dresses as her top picks from the collection. Dresses over shoes? This I had to see:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Turns out Tamara was right: I do prefer the dresses to the shoes, although the bracelets and belts are also on the must-have list. There is one belt which is designed to wrap around the waist 3 times: yum!! The clutch bags leave me feeling pretty underwhelmed. The buttery soft looking fringed leather dress is definitely on my must have list though. And not pictured here, but definitely just waiting for me to pick up are the zebra print ballet pumps. And at just £49.99 they're a snip: watch this space and they'll be on my feet!!
.
Overall I'm expecting this to be a fairly sound collection and (quality depending!) I will definitely pick up a piece or two. I am very much over the celebrity collaborations, but the H&M designer collabs keep going from strength to strength. What do you think? Will you be buying anything?
.
Love, Tor xx

4 comments:

MargieF said...

I love the dress with the deep v neck...very sexy
Not so sure about the fringed dress and the one in the first pic...they look a bit cheap to me
MargieF
xxx

Katy said...

I like it but its all so expensive! I mean, $300 for a suede dress is fine, but not from H&M. I don't think I'll be buying anything from it.

Make Do Style said...

I'm broke! And I'd rather buy a couple of things from the +J range in Uniqlo - am I boring?!

Unknown said...

I'm quite interested to have a feel of the products. I personally think the usual H&M shoes collection is shockingly bad quality.