Sunday 8 June 2014

Hello summer, Hello ASOS. Break out the summer dresses!

Hi guys,
I can't be the only one that thinks they have summer sorted, until summer actually arrives. The sunshine and high temperatures today saw me break from wearing my jeans and reach for a summer frock instead, only to find that they're all either too short, too low cut, need too much accessorising or, for whatever reason, just aren't fit for purpose. I think the idea of dressing for summer is much more exciting and easy to romanticise than the reality, which calls for something simple and low key. That's why I've found myself browsing ASOS late at night in my PJs with a fan blowing in my face. And there is so much to love:
 photo asossummer1_zps6cf9ed12.png
 photo asossummer2_zpscb3d219c.png
 photo asossummer3_zps3fac5d3f.png
This is what I'm looking for! Simple dresses that speak for themselves: just add sandals and go! I think because I love to layer, I tend to favour simple clothes in simple cuts and fabrics, but without the layering potential these pieces simply don't work in the summer months. Time to go back to the drawing board, back to the wardrobe, and do a little more shopping: I currently have windows for ASOS, Boohoo and Dorothy Perkins open in my browser!

How do you handle high temperature dressing? Any hints and tips for looking chic and keeping cool at the same time? I'd love to hear them!

Love Tor x

PS - If you're frantically looking to update your summer wardrobe at short notice then you may like to know that Dorothy Perkins are currently offering 20% off when you spend £50. Excludes sale and selected brands.Just enter the code SUMMER20 at the checkout. The offer ends on Tuesday.

No comments: